What does SEO do for you?

Understanding Online Potential.

The internet has created a new economy, which from its explosive growth and sheer size has changed our perception of traditional ways of doing business. It can still be scary for a new business or small business owner to think about being active online. Today that also means considering taking your business on social media. Maybe you’re considering a Twitter account or Facebook page, or have yet to take the plunge with setting up a website. Although these may seem like complicated things, understanding the impact on your business is in fact very simple. Over 89% of people looking for a product or service start online, and specifically with a search engine. If you are not online, you will be fighting for the rest of the 11%. The broader your presence online the more times customers and potential customers will find you. This is where SEO comes into play.

What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?

SEO is an area of online marketing focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results for your online properties. Think about that for a moment. Non paid search engine results. This is the place where your small business owner ears should perk up. SEO involves both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness from search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your webpage to the way other sites including social media, link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your online landscape is structured in a way that search engines understand.

If you are confused about this stuff, you are not alone, and we’re here to help.

Does my website need SEO?

Do you want customers to find you? The majority of web traffic is driven by search engines like, Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. Although social media and other types of traffic can generate visits to your website, search engines are the primary method of navigation for most Internet users. This is true no matter what type of website you have. An added benefit of having a presence on social media sites is that these will also come up when a search is performed and create a larger landscape and opportunity for customer interaction.

Search engines provide very specific, targeted traffic right to your online doorstep this can be your website or your social media pages. Search engines are like roadways, if search engines cannot find you, or add the content from your online pages to their databases, you miss out on an incredible opportunities to drive traffic to your small business.

How does this happen?

From search queries—customers find you from the words they type into the search box. These words carry extraordinary value. Targeted traffic to a website or social media pages can provide awareness, income, and exposure like no other channel of marketing. Investing in SEO can have an exceptional rate of return compared to other types of marketing and promotion.

SEO-Bryant-Ideas-2Why can’t search engines figure out my website without SEO?

Search engines are smart, but they still need help. The major players are always working to improve their technology to crawl the web more deeply and return better results to the users doing the search. However, there is a limit to how far search engines can go. The right SEO can make up the distance and net your business thousands of visitors and increased attention. The wrong moves can hide or bury your site deep in search results where no one can find you.

When you make content available to search engines on a website or through social media, SEO helps find a match from any given search to that content you provided. This pushes your rankings higher up the list of search results where it can be found.

The Internet is becoming increasingly competitive. Even though it has leveled the marketing playing field for the small business owner; those companies, large or small, who perform SEO will have a decided advantage in visitors and customers.

Can I do SEO for myself?

The world of SEO is complex, but most people can easily understand the basics. Even a small amount of knowledge can make a big difference. Free SEO education is widely available on the web. Combine this with a little help and practice, you can find your way to becoming an expert for your small business.

Depending on time commitments, willingness to learn, and the complexity of your website, you may decide you need someone to handle things for you. We are here to help you succeed. Contact us today if you’re looking for more information.

We love to hear from you, feel free to leave us comments and questions below.